VEBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VEBT Calendar

Go down

VEBT Calendar Empty VEBT Calendar

Post by CarlEd Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:57 am

Early thoughts on this...

Should it be set up so that there are 4 or 5 "majors" and there are no events above 2* allowed on the same weekend? That way it would allow certain events to take part without the worry of other events clashing.

For example and completely off the top of my head, SideOut gets the season opener in the first week of June or late May or whenever, then Denise's KQOTB event is always 3rd weekend in June, YellowWave in Brighton 2nd weekend in July, Weymouth is always last weekend in July, DeepDish season closer is last weekend in August?

Then you set it up so that there are regional 2* events (London, Brighton, Croyde, Oxford, Richmond, Brid, whereever) on certain weekends and things get spread out a bit more that way. The problem I see from a layman's point of view is that it will otherwise descend into a free for all with the major organisations (DeepDish and SideOut I'm looking at you) trying to dominate the event scene by putting on something virtually every weekend. That will inevitably suit those players who live near to those central hubs, but it's a massive disadvantage to the other smaller organisations (Beach Academy, Cardiff, Weymouth, Yellowwave, etc.) who rely on players travelling to them.

I realise it's not an easy problem to solve, but if the organisers don't come to an agreement to share out the tournaments then I can see the satellite events just dying out. We already saw last year that there's a reluctance to travel "oop north" to Brid by the South Coast and London contingent, so if that's anything to go by we'd quickly end up with a fairly sterile environment where the same groups of players just play the weekly events being staged at "their" venue and scarcely travelling.

CarlEd

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum